Do you dream of month long vacations? Hate the 9-5? Here are 14 reasons why you should re-think your career path and buy that 1-way ticket.
We get it, living a nomadic lifestyle is scary and can seem unrealistic. Yet since leaving selling everything we owned and leaving home in March 2014, we've gotten used to this new way of living, we can honestly say it's not so bad.
Of course there are times where it's not all sandy beaches and delicious food, yet the pro's definietly outweigh the con's. We've taken our skills, brought them online, and thrive by being location-independent!
We've learned a lot about our selves and through the ups and downs of being self employed, we wouldn't change a thing!
Are you a Digital Nomad?
1. Instead of working under florescent lights, your scenery often changes
...and right now you’re most likely staring at a beach, or in a tropical setting and a cocktail is very closeby
2. You care more about minimising work hours, so that you can do really spectacular things!
3. Early Monday morning meetings are replaced with leisurely coffee breaks or impromptu day trips to the beach
4. You somehow work incredibly efficient now
...and what used to take a week to complete can now be done in a few hours. It’s amazing how new scenery and travel can motivate you to get shit done
5. You’ve been know to work at 2AM, 6AM, 4PM, 9PM, really whenever the mood strikes
6. You work around your travel plans and not the other way around
7. Your desktop has at least 5 international clocks on it
...and you constantly keep track of weather reports, in case you get the urge to take off